Friday, April 21, 2006

Finally tagged

I have watched and read with interest the spread of 'the tag' through out the Blogger community. The personal question and answer format has always interested me when I recieve it in emails.

I have now been tagged by Alsoran and will pass it on to Louise if she is interested?

1. What time of day do you run?
I usually go out in the mornings. Either a 6:45am start to be back home by 8:00am or I go out after 9:00am. There is a lot of schools in the area as I have posted before and I find the way those mums drive around school drop off and pick up times a little scary.

2. What are your favorite runs?
I find I enjoy the race day runs. I have entered in four different fun runs to date and have loved every minute of them. From the goal setting and training right through to the event on the day.
A free race T-shirt or medal always makes the run that little more special.


3. What is your favorite song to run to?
I don't run to music. I tried the mp3 player in my phone once but it all got too difficult and uncomfortable with those ear phone bud things jammed half way up my ear canal.

4. What book are you reading at the moment?
At the moment I am doing a course for the fire brigade. I am studying the structure crew leaders manuals but I am finding it a bit heavy going. I'm afraid to say I am losing interest in being a Structure Crew Leader real quick.

5. When did you start running?
I'm not too sure about when I started running. I think it was around late June, early July 2005. About when I could catch my breath after being off the smokes for six months.


6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?
Pause my stop watch. Chugg down 1 litre of water. Go enter the run on my Excel running log. Have breakfast if I am home.


7. What do you eat before you run?
Most times nothing. I can't run with food in my stomach and need around 2 hours for it to settle down. If I'm catching the train to the City to compete in a race I have two pieces of toast and jam.


8. What's your favorite running accessory?
My dog Oscar. He gets so excited when I go for a run. He is well behaved when we go near other dogs and he will do what he is told when I let him run off the leash.

9. What's your motivation for running? (or why you first started running)
Initially it was to lose weight. Then when the kilometres started to add up it was for the achievement. I have never been able to run before and now I can run for over 1 & 1/2 hours with out stopping. HEY WORLD! SPARK DRIVER CAN RUN 20 KILOMETRES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!

10. What are your running shoes?
I am currently running in Asics Kayanos XII's. They are the replacements for my first running shoes, my Nike Air Peagsus. My predomitly white Kayano's are now filthy dirty after traveling 500+k's but I am still very proud of them.

11. What is your next running goal?
To compete and finish a Half Marathon. Through my 20k training runs at home I have discovered that I am a long way off a full marathon. But one day it may happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Oh sure, first no steak and now Oscar is an accessory....he may be my running nemisis, but I'm starting to get concerned..lol



psssss I know you can just 20k! :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Woow you favorite runs are at the races! I don't have any!!!

It is a great feeling of achivement to look back and now see how far you've been growing!!

1:12 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Races are cool aren't they?
Your journey has been an enjoyable one for all to watch.
A marathon is only 14 weeks away if you desire it.
My Kayanos (bought at Melbourne sports depot near flinders street station) are also FILTHY ++++ but i love em!

Gotta fly R2B

10:39 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

The marathon ... the way you are going I can see it happening for you for sure!

Thanks for the insight into SD.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Great answers SD, and good to meet you this morning :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home