Friday, March 31, 2006

A few days break

Thanks for all your advice. I have had two days off running, keeping my ankle elevated and with a pressure bandage on when I have been home.

I woke this morning with my ankle feeling ok. I have been itching for a run during my forced rest and had planned getting back to this morning. Oscar and I set out for our regular 15km and completed the circuit in 1:21:28. About 10 minutes into the run I stopped to do some stretches with my ankle. I don't normally stop like this but I figure prevention will be better than the cure. Anyway we continued our run with no shooting pains in the foot. I think I may have just been biting off too many kilometers too fast.

Speaking of too many k's, today's run brings my monthly total to 172.4km! My previous month was 111.1 and I am very happy with the improvement. I have added a chart in the sidebar so monthly totals are now easier to follow.

Entries for Run for the Kids are now closed with the organizers deciding to cap the participants at 20,000! I am so glad I am one of them and am very excited that it is now so close. Only ten sleeps to go.

I am very proud to share that yesterday I went to the uniform store at work and picked up a pair of size 92R (36") shorts. I originally was wearing 107R (42") before I started exercising. Now to get into a pair of 87's (34").

8 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Smart thinking with the ankle!

Congrats on slimming the bod too - its always great to see that belt go in another notch!

172.4k wooohooo ;-)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Nice you could recover that fast, now keep up the good work!!

So you are on of those 20,000 looking forward to read that report!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

20000? Nothing like jogging 10 minutes before you make it to the starting line! lol I'm looking forward to the Calgary Marathon and even there the field is much smaller. I've been in Boston to see Boston and it's just amazing. can't wait to hear about it! I have a little race that day too.

I'm in the must fit certain size before I buy new clothes for new job mode too. I guess the chocolate beside me won't help..but it will help me get through studying tonight. Oh dilemnas.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

20000? Nothing like jogging 10 minutes before you make it to the starting line! lol I'm looking forward to the Calgary Marathon and even there the field is much smaller. I've been in Boston to see Boston and it's just amazing. can't wait to hear about it! I have a little race that day too.

I'm in the must fit certain size before I buy new clothes for new job mode too. I guess the chocolate beside me won't help..but it will help me get through studying tonight. Oh dilemnas.

1:47 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Thats awesome you've shed so much weight!
It's a great feeling to be able to lean forward in your chair properly.
Happy to see your ankle is better it's a good thing to think with your head and not your heart (desire to run) when dealing with injury.
Enjoy R4TK and look forward to your report!
R2B

2:17 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Did Oscar do some stretching too when you stopped ;-)

Congrats on the weight loss SD!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

what everyone else said - congrats on losing those inches. Pesky things, aren't they? Good riddance.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Simlin said...

Congrats on the pant sizes. It is so frustrating being a 42" as most stores only go to 38", 40" if you are lucky. I haven't bought any pants since I started running but hopefully when I do I will be down with you mate below the dreaded 40". I must say all my belts really do need an extra hole.
Congrats Again!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home