Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bodyglide

The Bodyglide I ordered from Physiosupplies Australia arrived yesterday. Very impressive as I had only ordered it online the night before. I was itching to try it out so after dinner settled down, Oscar and I went out for a quick spin.

I was wearing my running shorts and all lubed up on Bodyglide. I didn't want to be too far from home, just in case I got in trouble again, so Oscar and I just went on a short, 5.3km run (completed in 0:26:41).

The product worked surprisingly well. I could feel my thighs rubbing together but there was no friction, and definitely no pain. I reckon the Bodyglide could be a winner. No more sweaty bike shorts woohoo.

I have had a lot of comments on Oscars short-arseness from my previous post. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not a very tall dog and Oscar is short example compared to other Staffys. He even looks short in that picture to me so I think he may have been crouching a little. He likes to do a lot of speed work at the start of our runs but usually losses a bit of puff towards the end of the 15km. Unfortunately I don't think he is well designed for a full marathon but he will accompany me on the journey for a Half.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I guess I actually have to generate some speed before I would need bodygilde! They sell it at the store I teach my clinic out of...now I can tell them it works!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

i definitely need a dog for training - although i might pick a really slow one so i can use it as an excuse to keep the pace down... hehe

4:44 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Maybe Oscar needs some Bodyglide too ;-)

8:25 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

I can relate the speed work and out of puff to my doggy too.
I say that they are suited to sprinting mainly!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home