Saturday, March 04, 2006

Pounding the treadmill

In the end my mealbreak would only let me have 25 minutes down the gym. The treadmill's have recently been updated so I had to take a few moments to figure them out.


I set a pace of 10kph an hour but after a few minutes I thought "I can do better than this!" and upped it to 11kph. The gym is not air conditioned but has four roof fans operating. Still it felt warm outside so I worked up sweat.

Kind of strange running and watching TV. I think Oscar would hate it.

I think it would be difficult to run on a treadmill all the time. It would be hard to keep motivated and not just step off. When I go out to pound the pavement I am on a journey, with my course planned out, an estimated time to complete it and no chance of just pressing 'Pause'. Just my thoughts only.

In all I completed 4.12km in 23 minutes. Being at work and being paid to run was a novelty, but I don't think I will be making the treadmill session a main part of my routine. It is good to have the alternative for poor weather. On that note I am planning on returning tonight time permitting.

Sorry Wobbly but the gym is not open to outsiders. Just an exclusive area open to Train Drivers and some other Flinders St staff. The room is on the first floor at the extreme western end of the building. I have noticed a few water stains in the roof but have never seen it leak. We leave all that roof leaking business to the managers on the top floor :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

LOL, I have visions of Oscar on a treadmill watching "Dogs Of Our Lives" on TV.

What a great way to spend a lunch break!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Darn it! What if I show my tram ticket - will that help!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Would I get a police discount?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Trendy new treadmills SD. Good to see management is looking after you.

6:00 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

You will have to get them to put some old episodes of Rin Tin Tin or Littlest Hobo on for Oscar ;-)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home