Thursday, February 23, 2006

I need time to run (sleep, work)

As I mentioned earlier, this week I have been working day/morning shift.

I normally do all afternoons and the change of hours has knocked my routine around a bit.

I usually do my running from 7 to 8am, 9 to 10am or in the late evening. But this week I find that in those times I have been working, sleeping or in today's case, too bloody hot!

Today in Melbourne it has reached 35 degrees. Way too hot for me to run especially feeling as weary as I am.

I think I hate dayshift!

I am working mornings till Saturday. Then I go back to my beloved afternoons Sunday (soon my precious soon).

I am planning on doing my double run to the fire station Sunday morning.

If the weather cools down tomorrow maybe I will go for a run. Or atleast I will fix my bike puncture and map out a new 12.6km course.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

35 degrees - yikes! Definitely not running weather.

Ah, shift work. When I'm on days I wish I was on nights, and when I'm on nights and wish I was on days.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Great you are back to your normal schedule!

Nice header... I've never learned how to make them.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Tess.
When im on days i wish i was on nights and when im on nights i wish i was on days...but mostly i just wish i was on holidays!

Still a midnight run rocks!Its so peaceful.

Cheers R2B

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should visit the Southern Highlands where it's cooler! I could show you one of those wonderful places where I run each day..let me know if you're ever in this part of the world.

2:09 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

I agree with Tess.
When im on days i wish i was on nights and when im on nights i wish i was on days...but mostly i just wish i was on holidays!

Still a midnight run rocks!Its so peaceful.

Cheers R2B

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home