Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Early mornings.

This week I am doing early mornings at work. I normally only work afternoons but the driver I swap with has a week of leave. I have been thinking about just following my roster (1 week of days, I week of arvo's etc etc) so I decided to do the dayshift this week to give it a taste.

Yesterday I started at 04:25am and it wasn't as bad as it seemed. I got through the morning and was home by midday so it has its advantages. Today is a day off then I work mornings right through to Saturday. I just have to make sure I get plenty of sleep and I will survive.

In keeping with the early morning theme I woke today at 6:45am and Oscar and I set off for our 11.6km. We completed our circuit in 1:00:19. A little slower than my previous PB. It has surprised me how much you have to concentrate when you are trying to beat the clock.

This past Sunday the family and I packed up the bikes and went for a leisurely ride around Lysterfield Lake. We hooked up with another family we knew and had a great day. Between us there was five kids and four adults. I thought we did ok with only one collision occurring between two kids.

On a 7km trip I think my bike picked up the only nail! I ended up having to run the last 2km, pushing my bike to keep up with the others.


Apart from the puncture, and the stack, we all had a great day. Planning to do it again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home