Saturday, February 18, 2006

Getting better at 11.6km

I arrived home from work about 8:30 last night and spent some time with the family before Oscar and I set out around 9pm for our 11.6km run.

It had been a little humid and sticky during the day so it was nice to run in the cool evening breeze. I set out on a good pace trying to keep at 5mins a km.

I kept Oscar on the lead all the way and he was going great. At the 5km mark where we slowed down last time I noticed we were still at our goal pace.

It was here that I follow the main road on the gravel/sandy path. The lighting isn't the best and with headlights from on comming cars I did have a little trouble seeing where I was going. For safety sake I may have to invest in a light, I would hate to trip and hurt myself. That would really stuff up my night.

In all we completed 11.6 km in a blistering 58:20!! That took 3 minutes of my previous best time and averaged 5:02 a kilometre. The result left me on a high for the rest of the night.

Some have mentioned that they thought my pics from a previous post was a great idea. Well people I am still waiting. I would love to see where you are all running so lets get those pics out there.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

A 3 minute PB!!! Fantastic stuff SD. And top effort by Oscar too, give him a pat on the head for me :-)

Oh, and I'll try to remember to take my camera along on my run tomorrow. I'm just running on my own so can stop and snap whenever I like!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Great effort with shaving 3 mins. Don't worry, I'll get some photos in of my regular runs.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you are going really well - are you still doing the Run for the Kids? (you can tell I haven't been keeping up, can't you?). And just noticed today that the Run to the G includes a half-marathon for the first time (hint hint LOL). It looks lovely where you run - if I had a blog you'd only get photos of suburban streets. Anyway have a good day & maybe catch up at an event soon
LBTEPA

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops that's my other online name, doh
alisonjc

12:09 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Wish i knew how to post pictures?
Congrats on your new PB well done!!
R2B

9:16 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great PB Spark Driver! Glad you enjoyed the photos. Next time you have a chance why not try the Capital City Trail (or parts of it)? Its great!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Great feeling of acomplishment and enjoyment, running is the best!
I'd loved to post photos, but the photo, spell check and link bottoms are gone form my page... if the come back I'll show you!

10:55 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Always nice to do a pb sparks - well done mate:-)

As for your question - the way you do that is to go into the template section on your blog. Probably the best thing to do is go to my blog again and up the top of your ie explorer click on view - source.

Then scroll down to near the bottom and you will see the sidebar stuff which will show you the html for how it is done (as well as things like tables) - then go to template on your own blog and alter to how you would like - hope that makes sense ;-)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home