Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finally raining

Well the rains has come to Victoria yesterday and today. I travelled to Moondarra last night with my Strike Team but but after arriving there, and getting our trucks ready, we were told that the local fire trails had become too wet and access was unavailable.

I had the chance to take some photos. Below is assembling at Pakenham Fire Station waiting for our bus.


A couple of pictures of CFA crews and trucks at the Staging Area, Newborough Football Oval.



The truck and crew I was to be rostered with. I am on the left.



After taking our pics and having something to eat we were all sent home again. The deployement that was scheduled for tonight has also been cancelled and the fire crisis in Victoria can rest easy till it starts to warm up again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for those photos, Spark Driver; & many more thanks for all the work you & your co-workers have been doing during those terrible fires. I was so pleased to hear it was raining heavily; stay safe & good running!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

What a relief it must've been seeing some rain.

By the way I liked your previous post. Running at 1am - how cool!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Great photos and thanks for your community spirited work. I'm glad the rains have come, but can you now turn down the humidity.....lol

11:55 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I hear you with the humidity. I don't know how they run with it in Queensland.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home