Thursday, January 12, 2006

Feels so good to run

Oscar and I just got home from a quick 6.1km run through the estate. It took us 31:11 minutes and it felt like it was a cracking pace. I bought some new shorts today and for the first time this week we managed a run with no problems woohoo.

As I mentioned earlier I have just gone twelve months off the smokes. In the first few weeks after giving up I stacked on about seven kilos to get me to my heaviest ever of 115 kilos! I have always been a large build but seeing 115 on the scales really freaked me out. From then on I have started exercising heaps more and trying to watch what I eat.
The exercise has been easy but being careful of what I eat has been a lot harder.
I am currently at 101 kilo and would like to loose another 15. I don't think it will happen with running alone and eventually I will have to look seriously at my diet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on being smoke free for twelve months! That's a great achievement.

And congrats on the wieght loss too. I think you'll find you'll be wanting to eat more healthily as your running improves.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home