Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oscar's sore foot.

I went for a run this morning. It was over a different route than normal and according to my time of 1:05:37 it should have been about 12km. There was a few larger hills than I am used to and that may have slowed down my pace a little. I will check the distance in the car later.

When Oscar was born his mother accidentally nipped off one of his toes. According to the Vet this is a common occurrence when the Mum tries to break open the sack to free the pup. This has left Oscar with three toes and a stump on his front left paw (see picture below). It normally doesn't bother him especially for a run or to chase a ball around but he will favour it when he wants something or when he is in trouble (refer other pic). Well after we did our two runs in two days Oscar has pulled up a little sore. My wife noticed he was favouring it more than normal, and his stump is a little red, so he is getting a rest for a few days.

I wonder if Asic make Kayano's for dogs??

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

You could use Google Earth to measure the distance. There's a measuring tool specifically for that purpose. I don't think it accounts for elevation (hills) but at least you get a very good indication.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

You have to make sure Oscar takes care of himself. He needs to stay in good shape as you continue your buildup to the bigger distances.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have checked out your blog Steve and I am rather jealous of your Google pics. The Google Earth of my area is a low quality pic. Just one giant blur.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home