Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A new route

Yesterday morning Oscar and I set off for our regular 10 km run but this time with a twist.

We started with the regular path via our estate and the wetlands but instead of continuing down the boring bike path we turned left and followed a main road.

This way has a few more hills and the scenery is a hundred times better. Oscar tried to get in a paddock that had some sheep in it so I will have to put him on the lead for that part in the future. Best of all it is a gravel/sandy surface instead of the concrete on the bike track. I realize how much the change of surface would affect me when but when I got home my legs weren't nearly as sore as running on concrete.

We arrived back home in 55 minutes flat. Was held up for a little while by an old man (who had a striking resemblance to Santa Clause) who wanted to pat and talk about Oscar. I guessed 55 minutes with the delay is close to my 10k time.

10 kilometers was confirmed this morning on my bike.

The family and I are heading off to the Gold Coast QLD in the morning. We are staying in a place in Miami and I have packed my running gear. Much to my wife's annoyance I plan to put in a few k's in the area.

I will post more when I return in around a week and a half.

Stay safe all.

3 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Good run Sparks - softer surfaces are much kinder :-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a good run SD. I'd like to be able to run at that pace in training. Hope you have a good time in QLD.

BTW if you think the trains in Vic are bad, you should try Sydney!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Enjoyed the stories of running with Oscar. He must be loving this running caper.

Sydney is a nightmare when it comes to trains. You're not looking for a new job are you?

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home