Thursday, December 29, 2005

A slacker writes...

Yes I have been a slacker and haven't posted for a little while but I have been busy....Honest.

Let me go back a few days...

TUESDAY 20th of DECEMBER

Tuesday morning Oscar and I went for our 10k run. We waited till after the kids went to school at 9am and set off. It was a little hotter than I would have liked and after 5k's I was soon feeling the effects. I was reduced to a walk and I knew then that I was stuffed. I ran on a little then walked some more and so on and so on. We called our run off early and headed home. Only ran/walked 8 kilometers and I was very disappointed.

SATURDAY 24th of DECEMBER

This past week since Tuesday I have been exhausted. I'm not too sure if it was due to my bad run on Tuesday or the return to afternoon shifts at work. I have been so tired even to the point of needing afternoon naps before going to work. I haven't run at all this week until Saturday morning.

I woke early feeling fresher and we set off about 7am. It was a good 10k run and I arrived home in record time of 52 minutes. I think I just pushed myself too hard in the same week as returning to work.

SUNDAY 25th of DECEMBER

Christmas Day and I didn't get a run in. The kids woke us at 6am and the day didn't stop. The family and I went to the in-laws place in Ocean Grove. I can hear you all groaning now but don't despair, my in-laws are pretty decent people.

I drove home that evening as I had to start at 10am Monday. Narre Warren to Ocean Grove and return is 300k's. I'm glad I was in the car and not running it.

TUESDAY 27th of DECEMBER

Oscar and I run 10ks today. It was a good cleansing run after the excess of Christmas. Completed in around 55 minutes.

I was on standby with the fire brigade this afternoon. We ended up going to a three story high pile of chook poo that had ignited with the heat. Spent about 5 hours at that fire just protecting assets. The poo didn't smell as bad as I thought it would.

THURSDAY 29th of DECEMBER (TODAY)

I finally bought my new runners today. I bought a pair of Asics Kayanos XII. After checking out different prices, colours and deals I purchased them from Action World in Fountain Gate. For $216.95 with a pair of Kayano socks thrown in I thought it was a pretty good deal. Nearly bought them from Rebel but they just didn't have them in my size 13 hoof.

After shopping I had to go to work but as soon as I got home Oscar and I took the new runners for a short 5k spin. They feel lighter and bouncier than my Nike Air Peagsus. I don't know about the so called fancy $30 socks but it did feel good to have my ankles exposed with the low cut socks. I am looking forward to doing a few more k's in the Kayano's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home