Friday, December 16, 2005

My 1st blister

Yes I know not a very pleasant title to a post but I did get a blister on my foot while running so I thought I would share.

Oscar and I where out on our regular 10k run when about half way I felt what I thought was a stone in my runner. We stopped to inspect the shoe but found nothing. I continued running but the discomfort become pain and I was forced to walk/shuffle 4k home. After getting home I had a closer look at the sole of my foot and found my first blister. I think I may have picked up a little gravel on my run which has caused it, or maybe my pair of Nike Air Peagus may be starting to wear out.

When I started running around July I needed some better runners than my worn out, Kmart cheapies. My wife was a little skeptical about me continuing running so we didn't want to invest too much money on shoes. Rebel had a sale on and the Nike Air Peagus was good starting out value for $80. So far they have served me very well. But after a couple hundred kilometers they are starting to show a bit of wear.

A guy has set up in the main foyer of our local Shopping Centre selling assorted runners. He has Asics Kanyano XI for $170. From what I have read on www.coolrunning.com.au they seem to be a pretty good shoe. I may do some more research before making a decision.

Going to rest the blister a day before running again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home