Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

I worked NYE till 1:30am. After the temp in Melbourne reached 43 degrees I thought I would be in for a interesting night. Luckily for me it was pretty uneventful. Fireworks in Melbourne looked cool. I seen some poor unfortunate soul getting drag of my train covered in vomit and looking a little uncouncious. He didn't quiet make it to midnight. Police and Paramedics where there fairly quickly and he did wake up when they where strapping him to the stretcher. After work I joined my friends and family at a party. As I wasn't drinking I drove the missus and kids home about 4am.

SUNDAY 1st of JANURARY 2006

My wife had left her car at the friends place over night. I put on my new Kayano's (so excited) and Oscar and I set off. It was about 26 degrees and overcast. I did a good pace and arrived at our friends place 6 km away in 32:30 minutes. Stayed for a little while whilst I cooled off and Oscar played with his doggy buddy there. My friends still comment on how mad I must be but I think I have inspired their 21 year old son. He is a little overweight and was asking a few questions about running.

I downloaded a excel running log from www.thinnmann.com . It looks pretty cool so I plan on filling it out this year to map my progress. I had a play with this file in the afternnoon.

MONDAY 2nd of JANURARY 2006

I wanted to make an entry in my running log so we went for a run this morning. I am planning on running in the 14.8km Run for the Kids on April 9th. I have to push my distance up from the usual 10km so I did a extra 1k today. 11 kilometers in 56:23 minutes this morning I am happy with that. Oscar was also happy with two runs in two days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Be careful not to get addicted to your logbook, I am, but I think I can handle it now.

Over time you should have some good stats to play with.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I can see how you would get addicted. I find I go for a run just so I can put something in the log.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home