Friday, January 06, 2006

You start to walk...

FRIDAY 6th of JANUARY

Oscar and I went on a run this morning. It was over a different route that has a few more hills and a mostly concrete surface. It is 10.8km long but involves doubling back (which I hate) and did I mention the hills?!?
Well we set off ok. It wasn't overly warm but there was full sunlight and I was feeling hot. We plodded on till around the 7km mark, where we have to turn around and back track, when I started walking. It may be more psycholigical than physical but when I start to walk I find that is the end of me. I tend to run a little then the walking takes over. I noticed Oscar was limping slightly so that gave me more of a reason to walk.
When I run I don't carry water with me. I tend to just drink a litre of water when I get home. This day though I found myself so very thirsty. I was checking out houses with taps near the street even against my earlier protest contemplating where I was going to "borrow" some water. I ended up finding an outside tap at a swimming centre and Oscar and I had a drink there. I have noticed that generally I don't drink a lot of water day to day and I think that when I run in warmer weather I could be making myself dehydrated. Leading to me giving up easier when it is hot. I have started a water drinking regime and it feels like my bladder is always full haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home