Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Australia Day

I hope all are enjoying Australia Day. You should be out and about enjoying the various communities activities. For the Coolrunners who read this I have noticed a few races happening around the country. Good luck in your events.

In Victoria it is way too hot to run. We are expecting another warm day of 38 degrees forecasted. I will be hanging around the house trying to keep cool then head off to work this evening.

Oscar and I ran our regular run yesterday morning. It had been a few days since our last run and it was good to stretch the legs. 11km completed in 54:17.

It was with great sadness to hear of a firefighter dying in a tragic accident in the Yea area after I left on Monday. Campbell’s Creek captain Trevor Day was killed when the Tanker he was on rolled over in the Highlands, north of Yea. Knowing how close knit a brigade can be I can't imagine the impact that tradegy would have on the members. My condalances go to the Campbell's Creek CFA and Captain Days family.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hope you enjoy your Aussie Day too Sparks - nice time for 11k too, Oscar must really be starting to pant!

Always sad to hear of someone dying in the line of duty moreso when they are a volunteer.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home