Friday, March 03, 2006

A quiet week.

Thanks AlsoRan for the reminder. I had slacked off on the Blog.

I haven't posted much this week as I haven't had much to say. Oscar and I did our 11.6km on Monday in one hour and again on Wednesday with a time of 1:00:56.

Oscar has another sore foot so he will have to be rested and we are into the heat again in Melbourne, preventing me going on my regular morning runs.

At the Queen St end of Flinders St Station, is a staff gym. It is a small but well equiped gym that is owned and operated by the social club. It has plenty of weight stuff, a rower, two exercise bikes and two treadmills. I'm planning on taking my running gear with me tonight and doing 40 minutes on the treadmill. That will be a alternative to running in the heat, running at 2am or just sitting on my arse waiting for cooler weather.

My total kilometers for Febuary was 111.1. Even though Febuary was a shorter month I am still disappointed to be 13 km's less than January. I have mapped out a 15km course on the bike (ggrrr another puncture!) and will start doing that one when it gets cooler.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Don't you just wait 10 minutes for the weather to change down there ;)

It's amazing on those 30+ days how cool it feels in the morning when it might be 17. Lucky we're not living in Qld I guess.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I've just noticed your "Cool Running" image link. If you want, I can explain how you can have absolute control of that link - photo hosting. What I mean is, if for some reason I make changes the link may be broken.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I don't suppose your social club gym is open to outsiders is it? Does the gym roof leak? Great times for your 11.6k run btw!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Going to the treadmil sounds good for hot days, still it prevents you from injuries, so go on!!

I just wish I could understand that!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home