Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fishing, Golf & Running

Friday 10th of March

ManDay (sorry about the label, it wasn't my idea) on Friday was a lot of fun. My day started of about 10am when I had to pick up the bus. Then pick up the 11 other guys and we all went to the pub for lunch.

After a very satisfying chicken parmagana the boys loaded up their booze and I drove us all to the golf course.

The golf was pretty ordinary. I haven't played for a long time and it showed. I couldn't tee off to save myself. The 6 golf buggies we hired between us all ended up being fun. We only completed 5 out of 9 holes due to time constraints. We had to head off again to meet the fishing charter.

We went out fishing at Western Port Bay for about 6 hours. I caught two elephant fish, the biggest fish I have ever caught.

I drove the bus back home dropping off drunken husbands to their very happy wives (NOT!). Eventually crawling into bed absolutely exhausted at 2am.

Sunday 12th of March

Today was a early start to catch up with some other Coolrunners with the second meeting of the Casey/Cardinia Running Group. At a local athletics track I met runningrupert, scorp_king and slowbutsure.

We went for a run through the main street of Berwick and into the Wilson Botanical Gardens. Slowbutsure and I stayed back to do two laps of a lake while runningrupert and scorp_king went and tackled some hills. Then we all headed back to our cars.

I worked out on Google Earth that I ran about 10.2km in 0:59:00. It was my first time running with a group and I'm looking forward to 2 weeks time when we are going out to do it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Gees, you are good to your mates. Perhaps you should spend more time in the pub before the golf so they get a little more sozzled - it might make your game look better :-)

That's one ugly looking fish!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I hope you are having a rest day today! Its great to hear of another group of cool runners getting together to run regularly!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home