Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Making Goals

Oscar and I just completed our 15km run. We did the course clockwise this time leaving the big hill for last. The hill was a killer after already running 8km but we still ran all the way completing the course in 1:27:56. I think I will stick to the anti-clockwise direction for a few weeks.

I had originaly planned to run my first half marathon in the Melbourne Marathon this year. But after reading on Coolrunning and checking the Melbourne Marathon website often I'm not too sure that the event will happen.

I have found another half at the Sri Chinmoy Running & Fitness Festival being held on the 28th of May. I have never attend a Sri Chinmoy event and it does sound like fun. If Melbourne Mara still happens in October I could aim to run the full event then.

I have to get at least one marathon in before Six Foot Track 2007!

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Now you are talking Sparks! 2007 or bust ;-)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Six foot ? Yikes ! Your on your own on that one Sparks ! :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Yeah, what gronk said!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

BTW - another half you might want to consider is Devil Bend.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

OMG 6ft!!!! Even though I'm with Gronk and Wob on that one I have to say GOOD ON YA!!!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I'm tending towards the Williamstown festival on 28 May as opposed to the Great Ocean Road event the week ealier. Hope we'll catch up.

I read somewhere that the Melbourne Marathon (and half) is on, though I can't remember where I read it.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Those are goals!!

Enough time to plan it and enjoy the training.

I received today my R4YL magazine!! Thanks for the idea, now I can see how you, the aussie runners looks like!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home