Monday, March 27, 2006

BAD Runners

I went out again for a run on Sunday with our formative running group the BAD Runners (Berwick And Districts). There was only Runningrupert and myself there and I did a 10.4km in 0:57:49. Rupert and I ran together for the first 40 minutes then he pushed on and did some hill work while I headed back to the car. It is good to get out and run different trails with other Coolrunners. I'm hoping that we will get some more interest in the near future.

Last night I worked and drove a few special trains for the Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony. On my extended mealbreak I went for a walk down to the Yarra to watch the light show. It was thrilling to see so many people in Melbourne.

I have enjoyed being at work during the games. I only had one day off during the 12 day period and the atmosphere in the city has been awesome. But good things do come to a end and its back to regular services. Until this weekend when we are hosting the Grand Prix!

This morning Oscar and I ran our 15km. A little slower than our previous PB but we completed it in 1:24:56. I started a bit sore in the calves after Sundays run but it was nice to get out in some cooler weather.

Speaking of runs I keep forgetting to mention how my Run for the Kids race pack arrived in the mail last week. Those that read Coolrunning will have heard already that I will be yellow 6311. My wife Sal has also received her 4.5km walk pack and she will be white 24257. I have been building up to this race since I first heard about it in October 2005. I am now very excited that it is less than two weeks away.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

hey Spark, well be happy about the Garmin delay there. Might work better for you. I had to take mine back, and then I had to take it's replacement back....back to the trusty 201.

4:37 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Always good to have a race to look forward to - it kind of focusses the attention a bit.

Good to see some consistent training - well done mate ;-)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are going so well! Can't wait to hear all about your R4TK triumph. Are you allowed to take Oscar? He's a pretty fit Staffy! Mine is good over short distances but reluctant to do any running that doesn't involve chasing birds or cats LOL

alisonjc

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for support, Sparkdriver! Very much needed by very old runner!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

good luck with the run! it sounds like a really good one! is oscar allowed to race?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

I must admit to be a tad jealous of all your Melbournians. Just being in the city when the games was on must've been such a buzz.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home