Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ouch

In a effort to increase my weekly kilometres Oscar and I set off for another 10.3km run this morning. We completed it in 0:54:15.

The run was pretty good except for some occasional pain in my right ankle. Every now and then, when I was taking a step, I would feel a sharp pain shooting from the top of my foot up through my ankle. This happened once on yesterdays run but I forgot all about it. Today's run it must have happened 6 to 10 times. I was able to keep running through it, with only a little residual pain.

I'm hoping it might only mean too many k's too quick. In the past three days I have run everyday and done about 35 kilometres. A bit of a difference from running every second day. Tonight I will leave a pressure bandage on it and give running a miss tomorrow. Trying it out again on Thursday.

Oscar will not be joining me on the Run for the Kids. I haven't taken him on a race before and I'm not too sure if he would be welcome. Besides as he seems to prefer running on grass I think 14.7km on bitumen might be a little too far for his three toed foot.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Smart move having a rest day to look after that ankle.

Poor Oscar missing all the fun of the Run For The Kids. Maybe just as well you aren't taking him, lots of races doggies aren't allowed anyway.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Yes! Until now I realized Oscar is your dog, do you see how fast am I?? grrrr

Use ice, and stretch, strech, don't ignore it, act.

8:30 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Like Hilda said dont forget the ice - another thing you might try before you run next is to roll your bare foot on a golf ball for a bit of self massage.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Okay, he's a three toed pup and he still out runs me?!oh dear..lol

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most races dogs aren't allowed, also it could be very hot and distressing for him if he couldn't stop and get water/shade.
re your foot - have you tried lacing your shoes differently? Fingers crossed it's just a niggle. Have fun next week

alisonjc

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home