Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A quiet taper

Since Sunday I have been resting a little from my running regime. My right ankle has felt a little niggly and I don't want to push it too far before the Run for the Kids this coming Sunday. I haven't run at all in the last few days until today.

This morning I went on a walk with my wife Sal, her friend Salli (confusing I know) and Oscar. As I have mentioned before my wife Sal and Salli are both taking part in the 4.5km walk section of the R4TK's. Today was just a last minute training session to ensure they could walk the distance. We completed this mornings 5km walk easily in 0:58:07.

I had a extended mealbreak at work this afternoon so I took my running gear with me to do a sprint session on the treadmill. After setting up the machine with a 2% incline I ran for 5 minutes, accidentally activated the emergency stop, and had to start all over again ggrrr. I then set the machine again for six sprints at a maximum of 12.7kph with the 2% incline, eventually running 5km's in 30 minutes.

The weather in Melbourne has turned poorly and I hope it clears a little before Sunday. But then again if it doesn't clear it looks like I, and 19,999 other people, will get a little wet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Good luck for the R4Tk on Sunday mate. I hope this rotten weather improves for you. Looking forward to meeting you at a start/finish line somewhere.

10:46 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

All looks good for Sunday Sparks - have a blinder mate ;-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Have a great run on Sunday SD!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I need someone to explain niggles to me.

12:55 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Enjoy your race SD!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday - can't wait to read your triumphant story next week!
alisonjc

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home