Sunday, April 02, 2006

Now that was strange...

Oscar and I headed out this morning for a run to the Fire Station. We went a different, longer way than I would normally go and arrived there in forty minutes. After hanging around for about half an hour chatting with some of the guys we set off for home. Once again a taking longer, more scenic route than I would normally take we arrived back home in 1:16:37.

When I arrived home I was real curious about the distance I had just traveled so I went out again, and re-traced the route in the car.

I followed my running path to the letter and found I had traveled 15.4km. That would make my running pace less than 5 minutes a kilometre. The time sounds very fast compared to my normal running route. Admittedly I measured that out with a bike computer that may not be very accurate. Then again I wonder if the 30 minute break half way through today's run would contribute to a faster second half? I'm sure if I had a new Garmin Forerunner 205 my questions would be all answered. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my wife?

The Run for the Kids is one week away and I'm going to rest up a little before then. The ankle still feels a little tender and I would really hate to miss this event through a injury. I have been looking forward to it for such a long time. My wife Sal is training for the 5km walk and I may just take some strolls with her to keep moving this week. Maybe a treadmill session at work on Wednesday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Well that is odd...I wish I would accidently be speedy.

5:44 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

That sure is moving Sparks - lol yes loving your wife is a key ingredient to getting a new toy ;-)

Good running mate.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

have some trust - it is not just a strange fluke - you've been training hard!! congrats! i want a 205 too... but i don't have a wife... not sure who i need to grovel too... perhaps the bank?

12:30 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Great run SD. The break may have helped, then again sometimes I find after stopping for a while I can't actually get going again like previously.

Garmins are great! And one size fits all so your wife could use it too :-)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Resting sounds good to arrive fresh to your event. Now that you are running in such a nice pace, resting will definitely make you stronger.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hi there all. This is Sal (wife of sd) I love sparky too LOL but he is not getting 1 of those garmin things yet.....call me mean but they are pretty damned expensive considering I was assured running was free........:)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home