Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Official R4tK's results

The official Run for the Kids results are in. According to the Windag timing system I ran the 14.7km route in 1:20:09. That was 5038th out of 13,300! I reckon I could have done a lot better especially considering my toilet break. It shall be a great time to beat next year.

My wife Sal did the 4.5km walk in 49:56, Karen in 49:59 and Salli in 50:56. Once again well done ladies!

My goal now is to record a sub 50 minute 10km race to get myself a front starting blue number.

I went for a drive this morning to measure a 20km course. I will have a go at it later this week but Oscar may have to sit it out. The 20km seemed like such a long way.

I have nominated the Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Half Marathon as my next big thing. I will be doing that on the 28th of May, training, work and family commitments permitting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

You did end in a very good place and seems this is just the begining, keep going!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

A 20k run - nothings going to stop you now!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

But what about Oscar's marathon pb? Are you going to keep him from that?!

1:13 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Ah Oscar will be right mate,
So what if his legs are only 10 cm long!

Good work and building up the mileage is noice too.
Half marathon watch out!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home