Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter

I have just noticed I haven't blogged since last Wednesday so I figure that now I have a spare moment I would catch up.

The Easter weekend has been fairly busy but that is usual. My CFA brigade and a neighboring brigade go tin rattling for the Royal children's Hospital Good Friday appeal on a intersection in Berwick every Good Friday. I have been doing this for the past five years and it is always a fun time. We usually pack up at around 2 o'clock to meet with some other CFA brigades. Then in a convoy of 7 vehicles we drove to the Telstra Dome for the money to be counted, have a feed and a few beers afterwards.

Narre Warren and Berwick fire brigades raised $7399 on Friday. Being $1 short of $7400 was a little annoying but it was good for a few laughs during the evening.

On Saturday I had to work but managed a 7.7km in 45 minutes on the treadmill. While in the gym I meet the guy who assessed my fitness before I could use the facilities. He got me on the scales and found that in 12 months I have lost 10 kilos and 11% body fat! He was a little excited about the body fat scale and encouraged me to keep up the good work. Hearing the encouragement certaintly put a spring in my step for the rest of the night.

I worked again on Sunday and am presently at work now on Easter Monday.

Oscar and I run our 11.6km course this morning in 0:58:18 and boy was it cold. I may have to look at some Skins apparel if I'm going to keep up this early morning, winter running.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Good job!

Winter running? lol Get Oscar a matching outfit. :P

3:02 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Well done on the fund raising SD.

Great news on the body fat. Is Oscar looking a little more toned as well ;-)

I can highly recommend the Skins. I haven't been through a winter with mine yet, though found them fantastic for recovery purposes through summer.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Congrats on the missing weight and lower fat count. Just keep doing what you're doing, that's the trick.

6:58 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Skins are simply brilliant - I don't run in em but I looooove em for recovery.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Yes, keep up the good work!

And please rebel your secrets, I can't loose even a pound...

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I neglect your blog for a week and you run 20.8km! Well done! And well done Oscar too on his little Staffy legs. Looking forward to hearing about your first 'official' half - you will blitz it I am sure :)

alisonjc

11:53 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Nice funding raising mate!Do you want an extra dollar or two?

As for the 11% bodyfat reduction...thats awesome!

Cheers R2B

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home