Wednesday, February 28, 2007

100km service & February totals.

Thanks for everyones great ideas with my ankle rubbing Kayanos but I think I have solved the problem.

Before heading out for my 10km run Monday morning I sat down and re-tightened all the laces. Seems they had come loose quite a bit since I first bought them.
Three subsequent runs since have been ankle rubbing free.

I'm hoping that this first 100km service after running the shoes in will be enough to keep them going for the next 850 km's.

Otherwise I will have trouble justifying the purchase of a second pair of expensive running shoes to "The Treasurer" (I love you dear Wife).

So far my Monday to Friday running regime has gone well. I even incorporated a 17km long run on Tuesday that will in future earn a rest day afterwards. As with all running programs flexibility is a must.

My running total for the month of February is a very satisfying 169.5km's. Considering that February is a short month I am thrilled with this result.

This has also been my best monthly total since I started to taper for the October '06 Melbourne Marathon.

My total kilometres so far this year brings me to the town of Barnawartha on my road from Melbourne to Rockhampton.

Barnawartha is a small country town beside the Hume Hwy/Fwy. It has only a population of 550 and contains a few historical buildings, such as the Post Office, 'Cheesely's Bootmakers shop'(now used to store hay) and the recently burnt down Star Hotel.

Over the past weekend my family and I attended the local Berwick Show. It was a fantastic day at an old rural type show and we all had a great time.
My son Ben looking comfortable with a new friend.

Daughter Lucy looking very uncomfortable with the same friend.

What every Show needs. Show Bags and a Monster Truck!

Lucy and Ben, second car back moving VERY fast!

12 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

What is it with kids and snakes? Don't they understand they are extremely short-haired animals - defintely not warm and cuddly like a cat or a dog!

Congrats on the monthly total - you well and truly flogged me ;-)

11:04 PM  
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Great photos- I dont mind snakes but my sister is extreeemly phobic. Great Feb total- and it is such a short month!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wonder how the good folk of Barnawartha are surviving without a pub!

Fantastic pics. You wouldn't catch me wearing a snake around my neck.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Ahh, country shows - can't beat them. Ben is looking very cool whilst Lucy is looking sensible.

Haven't heard of Barnawartha - hope your stay was comfortable.

Don't stir the treasurer up too much or she might want to become the PM ;)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a good show, I head straight for the food section to stock up on home made relish and lemon butter, Mmmmm

Love that truck, imagine parking that thing, you could go anywhere you want.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

snakes ewwww
monster truck coooooool

great total.
i honestly think i have been on about 5 runs the whole of this month :( not so great

9:19 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes, snakes and monster trucks these are "a few of my favorite things".

Great monthly total too.

And you know you are going to have to beat the girls off with a stick when young Ben is able to grow a "Mo" like his old man had ;)

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good totals and yes, Flexibility, is the key.

5:34 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

you are being so consistent lately - I think you are officially my running role model (sigh)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

LOL at the "Treasurer" comment SD. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw the other day - "Driver carries no cash - he's married" !!

Great photos - I'm with Lucy on the snakes!

MAR.

7:59 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Long time SD!

You have run more than me this past month and i was suppossed to be training for a marathon!

Aww man!

10:28 PM  
Blogger beakus said...

Fantastic February total SD, glad you got the ankle rubbing sorted... and love the "treasurer" comment :oD

Local shows... love them! Went to my first Aussie one in Port Fairy in November, just brilliant :oD I'm like Em, I head straight for the relish, chutney and such like stalls. Yum!

B.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home