Saturday, February 03, 2007

It is all good.

After dropping the kids off at school (woohoo no more school holidays) yesterday, I drove out to an old favourite stomping ground Lysterfield Lake.

I set off planning to do 2 laps of the lake circuit but with the way the morning was rapidly warming up, I decided to call it quits after one exhausting lap.

I completed the 6.5km lap in 0:33:12. More Motionbased details can be found here.

As Fridays effort was so short I set off early this morning for one of my regular 10km circuits.This run covers a lot of my local suburbia with one very steep, kick-ass hill.

Today I ran this 10km route in 0:51:19.

Motionbased details here.

That 'other' thing.

Thanks everyone for your messages and emails of concern. It was very touching.

This incident is something that lots of train drivers go through but was the first time experienced by me.

It is the type of situation that is not published by the media for very good reasons.

I have had very good counselling/debriefing since, and am itching to get back to work this week and moving on.

Thanks again for everyones kind thoughts and good wishes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Pleased to hear you are feeling okay about the work thing.

Take care.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Glad you're OK. Must be stressful. Hope the return to work goes well.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's good to hear. I hope everything settles down for you back at work.

7:42 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Great stuff Sparks - not too difficult to guess what happened - and yes it is all too common - glad to hear you are dealing with it and getting the right support mate - that map of the lake has me drooling :-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

The heat has been smashing me lately too- even early it is getting warm. Though you still seem to keep the pace up.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Now you have me curious as to what happened with you. I was all ok before but have I told you I am nosey?

Where are you along the hume now?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

Glad ur OK. and glad ur getting abck on track with ur rannuning. im sure that helps too :)

although i now admit to being curous as to what happened. i didnt/dont want to pry though :s

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're ok.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home