Friday, January 05, 2007

Midnight Runner

With Summers high temperatures and my shift work it has become necessary to re-start my midnight running escapades.

Some of you may remember way back in January 2006 I had my first and only after midnight run. Since then the need for running during the AM side of 12 o'clock hasn't been needed or really desired.

But due to my mostly late evening working hours this week, last night I added a torch to my 'Inspector Gadget' collection and headed out into a warm, 22C degree, night.

In all I ran 10.1 K's in 0:52:31. Not a very fast time for me but I did have a few stops to adjust my light that I was carrying as a headlamp. I ended just taking it off my head and wrapping it around my fist.

It was a very warm night but without the glaring sun the heat was quite manageable.

At this point I would supply a link to Motionbased for further stats, but seeing as the site is currently down and being a pain in the arse I wont bother.

Goals for 2007

I have thought a lot of my running goals for the coming year and here are just a few of them,
  1. Run for the Kids, April 1st (already entered).
  2. Great Train Race, May 6th.
  3. Fatass Bellarine Rail Trail (I thoroughly enjoyed this event in 2006).
  4. Melbourne Marathon, October 8th.
  5. 2007 kms in 2007.

The 2007 in 2007 is just a figure I have plucked out. I am planning on at least 2000 k's for the year, hopefully I will do more.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember in the winter when I used a headlamp that wearing a cap made it alot easier to keep on my head!!

Don't think I'd be game to do any late night running. I'm not very good in the dark!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

Sounds good. I am impressed that you remain motivated to run in the Am hours after midnight! that is surely true dedication!

8:42 PM  
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Great way to beat this heat- hope you are running somewhere safe though!
Re: Great Train Run- I am not sure about doing it so close to the Bunbury HM, will wait and see.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Those midnight runs sound like 'fun', especially on those hot summer nights.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You could always run 2007 miles in 2007 ;)

Ok... times? Beating the train? Marathon in 3:XX? Just curious.

Running with a headlamp is fun - especially in the bush :)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Hopefully, I will see you on the first three races! Now, seriously, you must get a CR Flashing LED Safety light arm band - they are super light comfy and really cheap - ie free. I may be biased but I promise you once you have tried it you won't run at night without it!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Simlin said...

I agree with Wobbly about the LED flashy thingy, definately need it for at least a little safety fromt he crazies out there at those times!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home