Sunday, November 26, 2006

Movember 26th

My apologies for not posting for the last 6 days but seeing as I haven't run this week I felt I haven't had anything to Blog about.

That changed Last Friday though. My friend Salli invited me along for another race around Lysterfield Lake and I found it hard to refuse.

I ran two laps of the Lake Circuit while she walked one. My two laps equaled 11.6km's in 0:57:39 and I caught Salli during the second lap at around the 10km mark.

More details for Fridays run can be found at Motionbased.

Movember

Movember is drawing to an end and I am yet to find how a Mo will improve my distance running.

but while plodding along around the Lake, I thought that if I grew the 'tash big and bushy enough it would work as a great filter. Fantastic for all those bugs and flys that seem to make it into my mouth while running.

A healthy looking Running Bug Filter.

Late edit: As requested by Beakus here is a picture of her home station from the drivers cab of the train. Williamstown is the terminal stop of this small three station branch line and it over looks Port Phillip Bay. Many years ago the line continued on to the left and extended to Williamston Pier but that station is now well and truely gone.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

yeah i've swallowed a couple of bugs lately - i'm not sure if its worst when you are startled by it and gag on them or when you are so used to it you just accept and swallow it down... :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Pity November is only 30 days, I'm sure your mo would've been as big as that dude's if you had an extra day.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go the TASH!

9:22 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Im thinkin you could soak it in gatoraid and then suck on it as you ran....

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photo. The track depicted is where I run along on Tuesday night's when warming up for a track session. I might get the reverse photo for you.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of you this time is a lot better. And yes you may have beat me this time around the lake but you know i thought i would take it easy on you...didn't want you to feel to bad that i got round before you again...:) thats my story anyway and im sticking to it haha.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Rivals might grab onto it as you pass them.

So, that's why they made trains run on rails - so you can take photos while driving them!

3:30 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

you know why this photo is so much nicer than the others? YOU'RE SMILING!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Mo filter may cause a bit of drag though.

Bet the missus is counting the days to Dec '01 :-)

7:12 PM  
Blogger beakus said...

Thank you! :oD *happy dance* and it was a sunny day too. Thanks so much SD - it's a great photo :oD

I love the fact that Williamstown is at the end of a branch line, I never knew about the line extending though. My hubs will love that factoid. The other thing is that no matter how grumpy I feel when I get on the train, getting off and seeing that view, you can't help but feel better.

B.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

ewwww... if munching on bugs is a side effect of running mabye i shuld quit while i am ahead! lol or could just think of it as extra protien...hmmmm

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home