Thursday, November 09, 2006

Movember 9th


The Ninth day of Movember is here and I have this itchy, prickly growth on my top lip.

This last week I have suffered from a persistent cold and if it wasn't for charity I would have shaved the bloody thing off!

Thanks to MorseyRuns for her generous donation to Movember and for keeping me honest (though it took me awhile to recogonize her "real" name).

My funds raised tally stands at $173 so far!

This morning the stuffy nose and dried out lips had eased enough to have a go at my local 10km circuit.

It had been four days since my last run and The Garminator took about three minutes to get a satellite lock and eventually we got going.

It was a fantasic morning for a run. The blue sky was clear with only a light breeze. Maybe a little too hot for my liking but I hadn't planned on pushing myself that much.

I ran comfortably all the way and completed my 10.1 km run in 0:50:27. About 2 minutes off PB time but I didn't set out to run it fast, just to complete it and keep the legs moving.

More details can be found at Motionbased.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

The mo is looking good!

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WATCH OUT!
You have a caterpiller on your lip!
:)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Two minutes off your PB - that mo probably slowed you down ;-)

9:24 AM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

oooh that's looking a bit scary... could you smile in the next one?

9:33 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

I'm not sure who looks more like a criminal - you or Simlin ;-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

The word is the perfect place to run!

Don't forget to report how is the mo helping!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

And it was also a Mo PB!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all that is man. That mo is busting out very quick.

I'm still following your progress and enjoying seeing your times drop considerably over the past year or so.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Em said...

It's coming along nicely!

I am currently peering in the front carriage of all the approaching trains, but I don't think you drive on my line (belgrave/lilydale) and checking out all the drivers sitting at the top of the concorse (might stop this, some of them are starting to get the wrong impression) looking for the 'tash.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home