Saturday, October 21, 2006

Time to pull the finger out

It has been a week and a half since my last post and I seemed to have lost my way a little.

I have only been for two runs since then. A 12km loop in 0:58:53 around the Yarra River last Saturday and my local 10km circuit yesterday. Without having the marathon training plan to keep me honest I find it easy to make excuse for not running.

The bathroom scales on the other hand are making no excuses and are refusing to take a break. With a 'who gives a shit' diet and lack of activity my weight has slowly increased to back over 96 kilo. Very frustrating indeed.

The weight gain doesn't fit in to my "lose 10 kilos before 2007 Melbourne Marathon" plan so its now time to pull the finger out and get back into it.

Yesterdays 10km run was part of the renewed effort and I just did 1/2 an hour with Jillian Micheals Cardio Kickbox . Tomorrow I have planned a 17km long run and to start monitoring my eating habits.

I have entered in the 6.7km Arthurs Seat Challenge on the 5th of November (our 11th wedding anniversary date sorry/thank you my loving wife). A short run but with a significant up hill portion, it sounds like a fun race for a good cause and a free T-shirt too!

My apolgies too all for neglecting your blogs. I'm sure I have heaps of reading to catch up.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to here from you Spark D. The post marathon blues look like they took hold...
I would enjoy free t-shirts, if anyone in Adelaide gave them out.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Take it easy, there are probably quite a few marathon hangovers out there.

I let myself go for about a week there as well, ate all that stuff I had been avoiding and put a wee bit on too.

We all deserve a little rest.

2:42 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

I hear that's very common to have post-marathon letdown - but as you say the scales don't have the time off! That's why I had my 'next thing' planned before the Half Mara - so I could swing straight into it. A bit different when you're preparing for a full marathon of course. BTW my bike is a 13 yo Malvern Star so feel free to join me on your Kmart special!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

SD, you've more than earned the right to a bit of a break from running and even from a healthy diet. The good thing is that after just a couple of short weeks you are missing the healthy lifestyle.

I always find it takes just one 'special' run to beat those post marathon blues. It doesn't have to be a fast one, or a long one. Not sure, something just clicks one day and I am back in the right frame of mind. I'm sure it will happen to you soon.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good to see the finger pulled. The weight is definitely holding you back, although you wouldn't know it from some of your training runs.

3:21 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good on you Sparks - you get attacks of the lovies (low motivations)every now and then - good to see you haven't let it get the better of you ;-)

7:52 PM  
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

You earnt a rest surely! Good to hear you have got your running vibe back now.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

I found i worked best when i had a goal, with my cycling it was the Londond to Brighton...now i hardly get on my bike where i used to use it 6-7 times a week. Mabye entering another marathon will help?

11:55 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Is good you take some days off after the marathon I guess.

It is hard to face the truth. How fast you gain weigth if don't take care of food and don't excercise. I think even worst than when we weren't on this running-engagement!

I have that same DVD, I like it, is good for an easy day. My fav is Tae-Bo II.

12:02 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Don't worry about the past only concentrate on that which you can effect...the future.


R2B

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home