Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Movember 15th

Spark Drivers garden after sudden hail.

Due to thunderstorms, rain and local hail this mornings planned 10km training run has now been cancelled.

I'm now glad that I did a 12km loop of the Yarra River while on my meal break at work yesterday.

I ran from Flinders St Station to the old Sandrigde rail bridge, along the south bank of the Yarra to the Grange rd bridge and returned along the north bank of the river.

It was a good run and satisfying to have my 1st distance over 10km's since the Melbourne Marathon early October. My thoughts turned to Half Marathons and how I am now eager to run the 21.1km again.

I will do some research and locate a suitable, upcoming Half Mara event.

The Garminator reported that the total time for the Yarra 12.1km distance was 0:59:07. But while downloading the Garmin I noticed that he had spat the dummy while passing under some of the many bridges that line the river. His data may not be 100% correct but if you are after more information it can be found here.

Movember


Looking more like Blakey from "On the Buses" here I am wearing the Country Fire Authority dress uniform.

My total for Movember now stands at $178. Thanks to a colleague Paul 'Tiny' Little from the fire brigade for the latest donation.

I have now worked out that I can accept cash and cheque donations from friends and family. If you read this and would like to donate cash I can provide a receipt that is tax deductable for amounts over $2. Just contact me via phone, email or SMS to make arrangements.

Go Sal

My lovely wife Sal has also decided to jump on the Lard Bus. She wants to make a lifestyle change and lose some unwanted kilos. She has recently discovered something that most regular runners already knew. That getting up in the early morning for exercise though painful at the time gives a rewarding feeling for the rest of the day. She has been going for a half an hour quick walk and looks to increase the distance with time. There has even been talk of a weight loss blog.

You go girl!


8 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

I don't know what it is about that photo, but there is something very "Full Monty" about it! You can leave your hat on?

I didn't shave for a couple of days and it gave the impression that it was starting to join at the bottom. That has been rectified this morning.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Maybe a young Blakey :-)

Good on Sal!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Sal and i need to take a photo of you, so you dont look so "blakey" hehe.... Good on ya Sal! keep up the morning walks

6:02 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Oh God, I was already laughing my butt off, then I read Dave's comment and I nearly wet myself, exactly what I was thinking but was too afraid to comment :-)

Go Sal!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

:) yes, very full monty! lol

Congrats Sal, you go girl.

8:34 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Go Sal go!
Weight loss blogs are what got me started and keep me going too!
Make sure she takes measurments as for us chicks they are more reliable than the scales at measuring progress :)
that mo is getting plenty scary... and so with you on this INSANE weather!!!!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger beakus said...

Great photo :o) but good on you for taking part in Movember. And good on your wife Sal too - it's true about morning exercise. I find it sooooo hard to get up and exercise in the AM, as a result I don't do it as often as I should, but it is worth it. However, during this cold snap, no way!

Bu the way, next time you are driving a Williamstown train is there any chance you can photograph the end of the line? I really like some of your previous 'in cab' photo's and I love that view of the bay. It would be great to see what it looks like from the driver's perspective :oD

B.

12:20 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Great minds think alike.I agree with RunDave totally.Perhaps you could raise some more funds via a ... oh forget that thought!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home