Sunday, November 12, 2006

Movember 12th


My dog Oscar and I went for a run to a friends place last night. It was just a short run of 5.8kms and just as well as Oscar is a little out of shape. He kept up with me as he always does but he hasn't had a run for awhile and his effort obviously increased at the 4km mark.

We completed the 5.8km distance in 0:27:34. More details can be found on Motionbased.

Oscar was very excited to get out for a run as he hasn't been for awhile. I have become a bit too fast for him on the regular 10km run and may have to find some shorter 5k routes to stretch his little Staffy legs.

A late sleep-in and poor Melbourne weather this morning has prevented me from going for a run. Instead I set a date with Jillian Michaels and her Cardio Kickbox DVD for a fast paced work-out.

The Mo and I straight after Cardio Kick-box.


A few weeks ago I was flicking through the "Next Blog" button on the top of the screen when I stumbled onto a page from a young lady in Edinburgh, UK.

Alphamare set up her blog as a weight lose journal and has titled it "Jumping on the Lard Bus".

She rides her bike for exercise and she has run 3 miles so far. Not quite a runner yet but I am working on it.

She has done well with her goals to date and I encourage anyone to drop in and give her a rev-up.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

That bully Jillian will whip you into shape SD. No wonder your 'Mo and I' face has an evil grin ;)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

the mo is definitely coming along!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Can't believe Connex don't like the drivers sitting at the top of the escalators, you guys are like a fixure. I'll keep an eye out for the Mo now I know what line you are on.

4:50 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

It's funny where indiscriminat button clicks can take you.

You will have to write a program for Oscar ;-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Ah, but who is hairier - you or Oscar? Then again, we are less than half way thru Movember! Could be rather impressive by the end of the month - poor Mrs SD!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it itching yet?

11:12 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

MO...MO...MOVEMBER!
just visiting the site of "the Lard Bus" now...

R2B

1:07 AM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

Thank you for mentioning me!!! i had loads of lovely comments about my weight loss todate, which kept me from caving into out of control binge mode which was threatening to break my hard work so far!

am working on the running thing, especially as i am without bike (had small small accident ^^)

:)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home