Thursday, November 30, 2006

Movember 30th


In a attempt to get my monthly kilometres over 100k's for November (whoops Movember) I squeezed in my regular, 10km local circuit this morning.

My dog Oscar was looking very dejected as I was getting my stuff together so I took him a long as well.

We ended up running the 10km loop in a PB of 0:48:17. May have been able to have gotten under 48 minutes if I didn't have Oscar. I had to stop/slow down a few times to take his lead off or on and wasted a little momentum then.

More Motionbased details can be found here.

That brought this months total km's to 107k's. Quite a long fall from the 258k in July and I'm not too happy with that. I only had 11 runs during the month and the longest was only 12 kilometres. I think I will have to make the time and force myself on a weekly long run. I doubt I could run a half marathon distance now to save myself.

Movember



Today marks the last day of Movember and I jumped the gun a little and gave myself a Number 2 crew cut.

Many thanks to Simlin, Beakus and Ewen for the latest donations. This brings my grand total raised to a very surprising $263.

I know it is all going to a great cause but $163 of that total came from you guys. People who only know me by reading my blog. Most of you I have never met, and I probaly never will. I am very surprised, humbled and touched that you donated so much money in my name.

Next year I plan on going all out and growing a Mo that will rival this guys...

9 Comments:

Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

i sponsored you, or at least i think it was you... ah well... i hope it was you, i sponsored someone in anycase, its the thought that counts right???

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice total SparkD!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on the PB SD. Maybe it was the mo that made you run faster.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Em said...

So today would have been the big shave, guess who's getting some tonight!!!

god I hope I am not outta line there ;-)

6:54 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Sparks on the PB and great work sticking it out with the mo...

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

A good MOnth SD. Don't forget the 'after' photo.

That's spooky - I already look like that guy... except for the teeth.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is the mo no longer or have you decided that it is staying because of its magical Samson like properties? Good work on the PB.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done on the PB and the fundraising ! Looking forward to the Chewbacca look in 07 LOL

10:25 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

It seems the moustache is not working that well for running :-)
Seriously, how come can you be worried after running that great marathon? Certainly your body needed some rest, you will naturlly climbing up again.

Nice photo, nice smile!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home