Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New Blogger Beta

It is with great trepidation that I finally succumbed and switched over to the new Blogger Beta. So far it seems as it is all business as usual with a few minor changes. I am a great believer and user of spellcheckers and it seems that they have made some cool improvements.

Unfortunately I haven't a run since my last post. I am on call as a volunteer firefighter and with Victoria's current bushfire situation I'm trying to avoid being too far away from the phone or the car. I was expecting to get deployed yesterday but it didn't eventuate and I am half expecting a call sometime today.

Post Movember and the darned itchy Mo is gone.


The latest donation, and first overseas contribution came from Alphamare. With many thanks that brings my total raised to $288. Once again it is a total that far exceeded my expectations and a fantastic effort.

I was very excited to see that the Run for the Kids is on again next year. I ran this event on its inaugural race earlier this year and completed the 14.7km distance in 1:20:09. In 2007 they have changed the course around considerably for the expected 30,000 competitors and the distance is now 15.2km's. I have already paid up and registered for the run and think I am entrant #121. With my sub 50 minute 10km times lately I should be up for a preferred, blue numbered start.

Time now to go and catch up on everyone's latest postings.

Stay safe all.

Late edit: Thanks Em for your concern. I did 'get some' after the Mo came off. Don't worry about being out of line. I am very broadminded :-P



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Hope that you have a quiet few days- my parents are at the Grampians so they are constantly watchful of the weather and local fires. I am about to enter the run for the kids- I don't think I will be a blue ticket start though.

11:43 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

On second thoughts - grow it back ;-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can't please everyone, especially when it comes to growing or not growing mustaches! Why not give 6 months of each year to each side!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm with 2P - that's a bit boring. Glad to hear you got some compliments after getting rid of it ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

I'm predicting you'll smash that 1:20.09 even though the course is longer.

Well done on the fund raising. A few of our PCRG guys did the Movember thing too. Once a month we do a no-watch 1k where people try to guess their time. We all put in money. It goes to charity (usually Camp Quality) and the person closest to their guess wins the tax receipt. This month, however, its going to Movember and there is going to be a public re-MO-val of one of the guys moustashes.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home