Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just down the road.

I have only managed one 10km run since my last post.

This puts me only a short way up the Hume Highway alongside a small place called Waterford Park.

I'm not that familiar with Waterford Park and unfortunately Google doesn't seem to have much information about this small township.

Part of the perils of Running to Rockhampton is that at times I will be stopping in some pretty quiet towns. I will endeavour to make the stay a short one.

I had ordered two large 10 oz water bottles from Fuelbelt to replace the 7 oz bottle I lost while running and another bottle that had developed a rather annoying leak.

The original 7 oz is pictured with one of my new 10 oz bottles.

The two bottles arrived in the post yesterday and hopefully I will be able to hang on to them for a little while longer.

I have copied a fun tag from A Girl Running.

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences

My book is a rather graphic, fast paced action book called "Ice Station". The Author is Matthew Reilly.

An unspoken understanding instantly spread throughout the nine remaining people in the pool.
The killers didn't care wheteher they were moving or not ...
The nine people in the pool moved as one, breaking out into frantic swimming strokes as the killer whales rose to the surface beneath them and commenced their feeding frenzy.

Feel free to take up the tag if you like. Please let me know if you do.

5 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

HI SD - it's so hard to run consistently with this up-and-down weather isn't it? How does Oscar cope in the heat?

10:49 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

I was thinking more of a caption competition for the pic.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I have a couple of the big bottles but don't use them on really long runs as they rub a bit. Probably just me.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ice Station, pretty good read that one

8:37 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

i am struggling to hit the 10k mark.

but i think i am feeling much better about the whole diet and excercies thing. i have made a plan.

its just the doing thats hard.

*hugs*

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home