Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back to the bushfires.

Woke up early this morning to squeeze in my regular 10km circuit. Completed the distance in 0:50:22.

Motionbased details here.

It looks like as it is my last run for the week as I am heading back up to the Gippsland Bushfire's this afternoon.

This time I am crew leader on a truck and our Strike Team will be doing night shift at Swifts Creek.

I was thinking about taking my running gear with me but fear that out of safety concerns I may not be able to wander too far from the Staging Area. And after a 12 hour night shift I'm not sure I will be in the mood for a run.

Hope to catch up with all your blogs when I get back.

14 Comments:

Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Good luck with the fires SD- hope you stay safe. It is almost too smokey to run in Melbourne- let alone right next to the fire!

11:53 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Yeah Best-o-luck mate.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Simlin said...

Good luck and keep safe.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Take care out there.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be safe Sparky!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I did wonder if you'd be headed that way after catching the news at the weekend. I saw that Kinglake is also in strife - such a pretty place :-(

Look after yourself and we will see you back blogging (and running) soon

6:10 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Yeah, take care out there SD. Thats a mighty fine job you're doing.

MAR.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Take care and stay safe (as if you won't)

you guys and gals are doing fantastic work

7:42 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck SD. Don't eat too many pies.

It's some fire - we've got the smoke from it in Canberra again.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Lil-Biker-Bub said...

Good luck!

and be careful.

and im sure the work you will be doing will more than make up for lack of running

*hugs*

9:04 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Good on you mate. Your blood is worth bottling. I won't even mind if my train is late or cancelled this week. Okay I will, but I won't be cursing you like I normally do!

9:08 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

THANKS for your work as a firefighter.
Take care

12:01 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I've heard about that fire in the news here. Hard work, take care.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it's all going well for you the your crew.

AlsoRan

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home