Saturday, March 31, 2007

March 2007 totals

It is Run for the Kids eve and I am quietly excited.

I have been looking forward to this big event since December and it is only one more sleep away.

With the race starting at 8:30am and the first train getting to the City by 8:11am, public transport into Melbourne in the morning is just about impossible.

With great frustration it looks like an early start due to the road closures and a drive in on Sunday.

March Totals.

For the month of March I only managed to run 160.8 kilometres. With 14 runs that distance took me 13 hours and 27 minutes. The average pace was 5:01 which was a little faster than February's average of 5:17.

It is 40 kilometres short of my 200 per month goal and I only have laziness and bad time management to blame.

Run to Rockhampton.

My year to date is 464km's and that has me alongside the town of Tarcutta, a small farming community located on the Hume Highway.

Tarcutta is about half way between Melbourne and Sydney and is a major trucking rest point.

It is home to a memorial commemorating Australian truck drivers that have tragically lost their lives in road accidents.

Sadly the memorial has over 1000 names inscribed and continues to grow.

6 Comments:

Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Hey good luck for tomorrow- see you at the rotunda before or Transport afterwards??

5:25 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Hope you enjoy R4K and have a good run. 15.2k will be a test, but at least it looks fairly flat.

I must stop and take a look at that memorial. It's a nasty part of the highway.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great day, and no pouring water over your shirt or remember the body glide ;-)

I think next year the organisers will have to strike some sort of deal with Connex. As long as you get the day off of course!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Yeah, all the best for tomorrow SD, reading about everyones prep has me wishing I was there to do it too! Enjoy!

MAR.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Was thinking about you on Sunday SD.

How'd your race go?

Hope you're having a nice holiday too.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hope you enjoy the event.

At least despite not scoring your planned 200km per month you are still running in a great form improving and improving,
wish I could say the same :P

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home