Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Half a week to catch up on.

Seeing as I have been such a busy/lazy blogger I now have three runs to catch up on.

Thursday the 10th of August

On this day I had a straight run down the Yarra River from Flinders St station to the Grange Rd Bridge and returned on the south bank.

It was a distance of 11.2km's and I ran it in 0:53:18.


Apart from the 11th kilometre which involved some stairs I'm pretty happy with the split times.

If you are interested more details can be found at Motionbased.

Saturday the 12th of August.

Due to a expected busy Sunday I moved my 30km long run forward a day early. I started out just after sunrise and ran 7.7km's to the local Garden Supplies where I had to order some pine bark mulch.

With the mulch all paid for and delivery expected around 11am I continued on with my run. I covered some new roads in the area that I have been thinking about and I have come to realize that 30 km's is a bloody long way!


Saturdays Long Run route.

It was with a little disappointment that when I got to a point that I knew was 2 kilometres from home I found that I had covered only 26km. Weaving in and around a few streets to make up the last 4km's was very tough and my km splits times reflect that.


Km splits from Saturdays long run.

In the end I ran 30.7km's in 2:39:21.

More details can be found on Motionbased here.

After arriving back home and showering I donned my Skins with a pair of overalls over the top and proceeded to weed and mulch our garden beds. The Skins did wonders for my leg muscle recovery but by 10pm that night I was struggling to stay awake. It was a early night to bed.

Tuesday the 15th of August (Today).

I have been researching trail shoes for a while to give my Kayano's a rest from the muddy paths around Lysterfield Lake, and decided on the Asics Gel Eagle Trail.

I ordered a pair from Pauls Warehouse last Friday and today they arrived..



To welcome them home I set off to Lysterfield Lake and ran 11.1km's in 0:56:28.

Details for this run are at Motionbased.

The Gel Eagles felt a lot different than my Asics Kayanos. They are heavier and also felt a lot bouncier. The paths around the Lake wern't quite wet or slippery enough today to get the full traction benefits of the trail shoe. I'm hoping to take them to Sassafrass for a real muddy run soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Simlin said...

I looked with wonder at the satellite image after my first 20k run and thought...how the hell did I run that far!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

haha - see there is one thing i have done ahead of you in running - i have ALWAYS realised that 30k is a bloody long way :)

keep up the good work!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Those shoes look wild, hope you enjoy a lot on them!
Sounds like it was easier running 30km on a race than as a training, that gives hope!
Thanks for enjoying MY slow journey :) maybe we should exchange blogger names :P

12:16 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

30kms sure is a long way, specially when you have to do it a little hard by tacking bits on near the end - been there, done that! Admittedly, not for a while!

New shoes look cool, love the way you found a nice little patch of "Aussie Bush" to photograph them on!! LOL!! I can almost hear them screaming out "Mud, give us mud - we're too clean" !!!

MAR.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Em said...

that 30Km run was a great effort, you are welcome to weed our garden anytime!

Love those new shoes, probably best to keep the Kayano's for the road. You have so many great trails around your way I am sure they will see plenty of action, looking forward to a muddy shot sometime

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home