Friday, July 28, 2006

Now that was silly...

I think I did something a bit silly this morning. I paid my $100 and registered for the 2006 Melbourne Marathon.

Now that I have paid there is no going back, only forward. Come October 8th and I will be running in a marathon.

Thursday the 27th of July

Oscar and I went out for our 10km training loop and completed it in 0:48:29.

This run can be viewed at Motionbased.

I am well on my way to making a official sub 50 minute 10km race for the defense Lake Attack. Not only have I registered for this race but also the rest of the family, wife Sal, kids Lucy(9) and Ben(6) will participating in the 5km walk. Good luck to all.

Today the 28th of July

I played with The Garminator and set it for a Quick workout of 13 kilometres, pace of 5:20. The run was down a road in to the neighboring suburb of Cranbourne to 6.5km and return. I tried to keep myself at the 5:20 pace but kept speeding up. Ended up completing 13km in 1:06:26. An average 5:04 pace.

More Motionbased details here.

Tesso asked "Who is that CR hot on your tail?" referring to the pic here. I can honestly say I do not know. He is wearing a yellow bib so he was in the Half but I'm afraid to say that I did not meet him on the day. If any other Melbournians out there have an idea please let me know.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Azza in the pic.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Woohoo - you've entered!!!!

With 48 minute training runs you must be chasing at least a sub 45 at the Lake Attack.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Silly? Well, that is maybe a local joke... Let me tell you I paid about $15 and still feel committed with the marathon :)
Sounds like there they don't want you to play games with that desicion, so when you pay 100 (about 75us) you are decided!!
I mean running a marathon is priceless but in Mexico is also cheap!! Maybe it is about the bad conditions :P

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

Yep, must get my entry in soon.

Looks like being a huge meet up after the event!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yay! How excitement ;-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Onya Sparks! Looks like you will be burning up the course with a time like that for a 10k "training" run!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good luck for the marathon training, lots of kms to be had!

All the best



Stu

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home