Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday long run.

Today had a fallback distance of 16km's in the Hal Higdon marathon plan.

After catching up with chores I set out alone just before midday. I covered part of my pre-Garmin 15km course (it was a bit short of 15) and had to fill in for the last 2km's.

I am pretty happy with my splits. They are pretty consistent with the terrain I ran on.
Elevation/Distance

In the end I ran 16.5kms in 1:25:01. 11km's into the run and I passed a local Fish and Chip shop. The smell wafting out of the place wouldn't leave me so once I had freshed up I headed back to get the family lunch. Hot chips on a cold winters day...Yum.

More information on this run can be found at Motionbased.

I haven't mentioned it much but I have received my race number (Pink 2978) for next Sundays 30km Sri Chinmoy at Princess Park. The furthest I have run so far is 22.7km and I am a little nervous. This event was always going to be the measuring stick for the Melbourne Marathon and I hope I will be up for it.

In the Coolrunning forums I have noticed the thread for the Fat Ass Bellarine Rail trail long run. I have added my name to the list and I am looking forward to the experience. The family and I can stay at the in-laws in Ocean Grove for the weekend, and will then watch me stagger into Queenscliff after running 34km's on the Sunday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Best of luck next week at Princes Park
I'll be watching to see how you go!!

SB:)

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see you next weekend at Princess Park. I'm hoping to do the 30 km subject to no continuing niggling knee problems.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Look forward to hearing how you go in the 30km SD. Thats the longest distance I've ever run and was in training for a marathon (that I never go to) not an event, but it sure is a milestone. Best of luck. MAR.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

I'll be the one giving you the slap on Sunday, and cheering you on once I've got my pancakes :o)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Sparkdriver go! Looking forward to a long happy post from you on Sunday.

cheerio
alisonjc

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home