Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Two laps of Lysterfield Lake

After Monday nights good run and everyones great comments to my last post I set out yesterday to run two laps of Lysterfield Lake.

I ended up running 13.06km in 1:06:52. The track elavation is a bit more up and down than my normal, surburban running courses and I think my 1km splits reflect this.

More details of this run can be found at Motionbased (thanks Steve).

The Garmin 305 has been grouse. I have enjoyed its company and feel it was money well spent. The only small problem would be the time I now spend on the computer analyzing the data and creating maps. I am currently planning out some different routes for some more varied input.

Yesterday I googled minced meat recipes and found this lasagna dish. I showed it to my wife Sal and she has requested it for dinner. So while I am blogging I have to frequently check the meat sauce that is now on the stove. Hopefully it will work out and I can give good reviews of it later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Simlin said...

"grouse" such a Melbournian word...first time I heard it was on a visit to Melbourne in '96. Still don't get it. but isn't GPS aceness?

11:36 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you enjoying the 305 - I bet you wonder how on earth you ever ran before without one ;-)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

I'm so jealous...I want to trade in my 301 now!

I normally download my data to SportTrack, MotionBased and Garmin Training Centre. So much information to play with!!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're getting the hang of it now.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Let me know how it turned out on Friday nigt will you. Either that or blog about it! Great that your new Garmin is going so mate. See ya Friday for the CR drinks!

8:54 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Nice to see your still going strong and running 21km at a trot! wow!
As 2P said in your previous post you can run a marathon tommorow just like that greek dude (pheidippides?)
only will you be happy with the time?

You can do it!
R2B

9:26 PM  
Blogger beakus said...

After reading about your adventures with the Garmin, as well as on other blogs, I'm starting to want one... oh no... more money... glad you had a good run out :o)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home