Thursday, July 06, 2006

A long Lysterfield Lake run.

Yesterday I had a slack day with no running. I had things on in the morning and CFA stuff in the afternoon.

My wife Sal arrived home from work and after the very successful lasagna dinner, she went and lined up for 40 minutes at the new Krispy Kreme for two boxes of doughnuts.

The Fountain Gate Krispy Kreme store opened at our local shopping centre on the 22nd of June and amazingly people are still queuing up. It has a 24hour drive thru that has had a constant stream of cars. I think I am in the wrong business.

After dropping the kids off at school this morning I drove again to Lysterfield Lake for a leisurely, "lets see where this trail leads" sort of run.

I set off across the dam wall in the morning sun feeling pretty pumped. As I had planned on a slow run I decided I could take some time for picture taking to add to the blog.

Just after the wall is a steep short hill. At the top I turned right and ran up the Tramline Walk trail.

There where so many kangaroos out and about that I soon got sick of stopping to take their picture. The ones that were on the track soon moved and others close by didn't seem to mind a guy running around in tight black leggings huffing and puffing like a steam train.


I ended up following a bike track that seemed to meander through the bush. The Asics Kayanos were probably not the best shoe for trial running. With rain all night the pathways were a little wet and became very slippery . I'm glad I wore my old shoes because it wasn't long before they were filthy dirty.

I pushed on out further in the park than I have ever gone before. Thankful that I had taken my laminated park map and that the Garminators tracking function was working so well.

It was a very slow pace. I was stopped often to consult the map, take pictures and even a couple of phone calls.

(At this point I am trying to upload a couple more pictures but Blogger is being very bloody painful and won't let me do it. Time to wind up this post.)

In the end I had covered 15.51km in 1:28:50. Not a very fast time but I did enjoy myself.

More information of this run can be found at Motionbased.

6 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Mate that looks like an absolutely fantastic run - I'm envious!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

I'm envious too! Though I have some lovely runs within 20 minutes bike ride of my place, so I can't really complain. Thanks for sharing those pics :-)

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics. I'm sure our Canadian friend (Mandy) will like the Kangaroo shots.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

Great pics Sparky!!

Looks like somewhere the ESRG could frequent for one of their long runs!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Great pics SD!

So what's so special about KK doughnuts anyway??? No, don't tell me. I might try do my own investigating ;-)

By the way, I'm thinking (just thinking at this stage) about Melb Marathon.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

When they opened the Krispy Kreme here it was like that too...I still haven't been!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home