Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I spy another Coolrunner.

The Sri Chinmoy website has published some photos from Sundays run. There was a few pics of me but I found this one that I am kind of happy with.


I went for a run along the Yarra River in Melbourne today. I ended up running a 10.58km in 0:51:38. I ran out 5.2km following the river but when I couldn't find somewhere to cross I had to turn back and return to work.

At about 6.9km I was surprised to see another runner heading towards me wearing a Coolrunning cap. After the initial shock I recognized Steve out for one of his Yarra runs. We stopped and chatted for a short time but I had to push on back to work.


The splits from today's run. The 5:26 time included climbing some stairs to cross the river at the rail bridge.

I made it back with about 15 minutes to clean up, change and grab a Boost Juice (they help me cool quickly after a run) before running my 5pm Williamstown train.

Except for the time constraints todays run was very enjoyable. Exploring a different path was interesting and the chance encounter with Steve made my day. I will endeavor to get out along side the Yarra River more often.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Looks like your recovery is going great! Those strong legs in the picture are doing some good work!!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it'd be a bit tight for you getting back. 15 mins to spare is not a lot of time. At least the passengers don't have to sit with you.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Capital City Trail dude - as soon as you are recovered give it a go!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Em said...

LOL - got here via Steve's blog, waiting for my next SMS from Connex, "we regret to advise that the 5:10 train today is not running as our driver is still out having his run" :-)

1000s wouldn't understand but I would!

Beki pointed you out to me last Sunday, I was on your tail as I finished the 5Km event. Hope you enjoyed your 30Kms.

7:31 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Once again i have to say look how far you have come!!!

As for trains nobody expects they will run on time.Thats normal.

Have a great day!

R2B

8:36 AM  
Blogger Simlin said...

a "chance encounter" sounds so...



...Mills and Boon?

8:43 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Great pic SD! Are you alway so colour co-ordinated? And who is that CR hot on your tail?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

Sometimes I wish I was closer to town so that I could use the Yarra trail more.

Looks like you had a great run on Sunday. Good to catch up, even if we didn't get to chat!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

That was a good corner for pics, the guy with the camera at the top of the hill on the dog leg got some shockers though LOL :-)

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home