Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bugger!

Tuesday 18th of July

This morning Oscar and I ran my 10km circuit. According to the Hal Higdon Marathon plan I am supposed to be running a 6.5km but I have been getting a little bored with the short kilometre runs, and decided to extend the distance a little.

We completed the 10.1km in 0:48:35. This has been my best 10km time yet and I am happy to make my sub 50 minute goal.

Motionbased details for this run can be found here.

The defense Lake Attack was the first race I ran in last year. I completed 5km in 0:26:11 and since then have become a lot faster. The race will be held again on Sunday the 27th of August and I will be returning to Albert Park Lake for a 10km this time. I look forward to making my sub 50 minute 10km time official, and beating my previous lake lap record.

Wednesday 19th of July

My mid-week longish run had to wait till I got home from work about 6pm. It was dark and very cold when I set off for a 13km run around the suburb.

I was enjoying the run till the 2.1km mark when I tripped on a round-about and fell heavily, landing on my left knee, chest and hands.

I regained my posture and collected the Fuelbelt water bottles that had scattered across the road and managed to jog/limp around the corner and checked myself for damage under better lighting.

My left knee had copped a graze under the Nike running tights but thankfully no rips or tears. A nipple ring I wear was half knocked out and I had to remove it completely to avoiding losing it. Otherwise the damage seemed minimal so I completed my planned 13km run in 1:08:05.

Motionbased details for this run can be found here.

In hindsight I should have headed straight home and RICE my knee but it felt ok when I was moving. It is only now after being at work all day and giving it very little attention that it has swelled and stiffened up.

My taper for Sundays 30km Sri Chinmoy has started a few days earlier than I planned. And as much as I hate to think it my participation in the event may be in jeopardy.

As the title said...BUGGER!!!

On a happier note Rebel Sport in the Bourke St Mall were having a 20% off storewide sale today. I dropped in and bought a pair of Skins tights and a Everlast Hoodie. I can't seem to resist a sporting goods sale anymore :-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger.....hope you can make it for Sunday.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hate this, it is terrible when it happens so close to your event. Well move on the positive side and think about your main goal.

Hope it doesn´t give you further problems and that your precious legs are ok. Running involves so many things.
Yes, bugger!

3:46 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Look on the bright side - an extra day or two of tapering won't go astray and you weren't wearing your new Skins when it happened.

Hope you make it there Sunday.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Ouch ouch ouch!!!

Be careful Sparks!!!!! But like you said, at least no rips or tears, that knee prolly needs a bit of TLC now though :-( Hope you are OK for Sunday

8:27 AM  
Blogger Simlin said...

Well I don't care much for the tights but was glad to here that the nipple was all right! ;OP

8:50 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

I winced when you said your nipple ring was knocked out - just as well it was only the ring that suffered damage. I hope the knee comes right quickly.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!
finger/toes/eyes/anythign else that will help crossed that you recover for Sunday

alisonjc

8:48 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

My fingers are crossed for you SD!
The taper won't adversly effect you at all.Do the RICE thing it makes a big difference and after a few days you can try a heat pack to increase bloodflow and healing.

Best wishes R2B

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home