Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I miss summer.

Thanks all for your great ideas and advice on hydration. I like the sound of the Fuelbelt for the distances I am currently running and I will investigate them further. Until them I will carry a disposable water bottle during my long runs.

Speaking of long runs I am scheduled to take my 20.8 run this morning. But after walking the kids to school in windy, cold and threating to rain weather my heart just wasn't into it. When I arrived home I read a post on Coolrunning about things that get yelled/thrown at you while running and all my motivation for the days run was lost. Hopefully I can catch up on my long run during the week.

Oscar and I went for our 11.6km run on Monday. It has been over a week since Oscar has been out. We have been resting him and fattening him up with extra dried food, morning and night (no steak!) and he has bulked up well. He had lost a bit of form after we arrived back home in 0:58:27 but he looks 100% better. All skin and bone looks great on a greyhound but terrible on a Staffy.

Some may have noticed that I have added my monthly weight average to a table in the sidebar. I think it is a big move having your weight out there in a public forum but while the numbers are going down it is something I am rather proud of. If they happen to start creeping up again I may take the table off :-) My goal weight at the moment is 85 kilos. At that weight I feel I will be able to have a shot at a marathon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Sounds like Oscar was carbo loading :-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to hear Oscar has filled out a bit. Maybe you should blog his average weight as well ;-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Yey Oscar...I would talk to him about his form though..lol...and putting your weight out there..doesn't it motivate you to keep going so as not to have to post a big one? It is helping me even though I just post the loss because the actual number is too scary. So I give you major credit.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Simlin said...

OK, if you are putting it out there... A might just have to update my scoreboard...it is looking a little shabby and could do with some orginisation into a table (with added ave weight column too.....scarey.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

As long as it is not raining at the begining of the run, I don't care about the weather... it should be because most of the time the weather here is very nice!

I always use a camelpack even for short runs, because of the hot weather here I always want to drink some, but it works greatly since you just sip from it instead of trying to drink from bottles. I don't know how to drink from them!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I never would have guessed you were that weight when I met you last week - don't stress, with all the running you are doing and healthy eating it'll drop off you in no time.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

I'm with you about the summer. I love running in the warmer weather and am a real sook when it comes to the cold and rain.

Good luck with your weight loss. It's looking good so far

4:31 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Too true i would never guess from your photos you were that heavy either.Though the main point is your getting healthier each day and if you can run that fast now imagine when your at your goal weight...whoa!Look out hear comes SD!

Cheers R2B

10:39 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I can't find the sidebar......have you had a change of heart with that.

Rain is good, well sort of. We haven't got much choice this time of year.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home