Thursday, April 27, 2006

I will run tomorrow...

I haven't done any running since the Puffing Billy training run on Tuesday. A combination of no time and pulling up a little sore. I think I pushed myself a little harder than normal on Anzac day. My pace was quicker than I would usually train at and there was a couple of very steep hills that I ran up. I'm hoping there is at least one other Coolrunner out there that is feeling a little stiff from that run???

R2B's asked "Why aren't you running the great train race as well?". Remember when I told my lovely wife how inexpensive running is? All you need is a decent pair of runners and go for it I said? Well for that reason we have decided that one running event a month is plenty. As much as I would have liked to have competed in the Great Train Race I had already paid for and entered the Sri Chinmoy Half marathon. I'm also rostered to work on the same day so getting the Sunday off would be a little difficult. There is always next year and I will defiantly have the event in my calendar.

Tomorrow morning I am doing my 20.8km run around the surrounding suburbs. That will give me a good chance to blow the stiffness out of my legs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Here's a suggestion......Tell your wife that you're working and then head off and run the Puffing Billy......lol...If you're caught don't dob me in.....

12:00 AM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I would love to say that I have pulled up sore, but after that last few "magical mystery tours" that Rogo has had me on (read: mega hill running in Silvan and Kinglake) I think my legs are beginning to grow accustomed....pity you couldn't come along to the GTR :(

12:20 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

wow, how expensive are your race entries?

2:55 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

LOL is "defiantly" a typo? Even if it is leave it there - it adds to the post considerably ;-)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home