Friday, May 26, 2006

A few days rest

I have two days before the Half on Sunday and I have decided to rest up a little before the day.

I went out yesterday originally on a 15km run but at the crossroad I ended up turning right instead of left and ran my 20.8km course. I completed it in 1:48:39 and managed to pace the fuelbelt to one bottle every 30 minutes.

The Tuesday before I cranked out 7km in 40 minutes on the treadmill at work. I'm starting to enjoy the treadmill now. I always feel like Steve Austin from The Six Million Dollar Man. From memory he runs on a treadmill in the opening credits. The social club has now set up a cardio room with the treadmills, rower, electronic bikes, stepper and a wide screen TV with a DVD player. May have to chase up some DVDs of that old show to watch while I am running.

I have always had misgivings about buying shoes from The Athletes Foot but Sal has recently bought two pairs of Brooks runners from there and I have been impressed. A month ago she bought a pair of Brooks Ariel's from them and this week we returned to buy a pair of Brooks black Addiction's (a black closed shoe for her work starting Monday). Sal has a large size 12 ladies foot and struggles to find any shoes that fit but The Atheletes Foot has had her size in stock both times we visited. Very impresive.

Tesso said "Hope you can get the right amount of sleep with those night shifts. You don't want to be standing on the start line on Sunday yawning.". Unfortuanetly I am working tomorrow night and I can't get out of it. I finish at 12:30am and will go straight to bed at 1:00am but will arise at 6:00 to be on the otherside of Melbourne by 7:30. It is not the most ideal amount of sleep before my first Half but I can't really avoid it.

I will catch up after the event with a race report. Maybe not as good as Simlins first Half report but I will do my best.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I can not wait or the race report..you are going to do awesome!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With my fuelbelt I tend to drink half a bottle every 20 - 30 mins.

See you on Sunday, if you get up on time.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Don't worry about that. If I have to set 3 alarm clocks I will. See you then.

3:46 PM  
Blogger beakus said...

Good luck on Sunday :o) will be doing the 10k and can't wait! And much as I love being outdoors sometimes the tready has it's moments (for me hills as there aren't any good ones near me).

B.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Simlin said...

Good Luck with your first half! Hope it doesn't hail ;)P

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I'm sure you'll have a great run on Sunday - and I hear the weather is going to be really good :)

Looking forward to catching up and cheering you over the finish line!

Should be a fantastic morning - a big CR and Ausrun turnout planned ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Hey Sparks - all the best for the big dance on Sunday - hope you enjoy it.

Cant wait to read the report ;-)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Good luck Sparky - the first one will always be special ;) Despite the sleep you are a sure bet for a PB anyway!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Don't say as good as... it will be the best for YOU!! Enjoy it!

Just try to sleep longer when you can and wish you can sleep well those hours!

Looking forward to read that report!

1:13 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to reading more about your running ventures too.
I love blog running community.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

good luck!! will be crossing my fingers and look forward to reading the report!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home