Monday, May 08, 2006

A disappointing week.

Last weeks effort was a little disappointing. I didn't get a chance to run at all after Monday due to work or family commitments. When I had nothing on the weather was atrocious and I couldn't bring myself to leave the warmth of the house. I managed 7.6km in 45 minutes on the treadmill at work last night and that has been it. I have a few later starts this week and I plan to make amends.

It was my daughters 9th birthday party on Saturday. She held it at a local roller skating centre and I felt like I had a great workout. I donned a pair of rental skates and even though I haven't skated for 10 years I felt like a duck on water. I also felt I could thank my running regime for being able to keep up with the kids for over two hours. We had so much fun that I am considering buying us some rollerblades and going out skating more often.

I have found and bought a Fuelbelt on eBay. It was half the recommended retail and I think I have picked up a bargain. I hope I didn't outbid any of my regulars to get it? It is an Endurance 4 Bottle model and you can view it here.

I also bought from eBay a Nike "Your the Run that I want" event t-shirt. I have seen these shirts being modeled by Tigerboy and Running Rupert and always thought they would make a great winter training shirt. The bright yellow would make me more visable/a better target for cars on the road and longer sleeves maybe warmer than a singlet. But I wonder if it is good running etiquette to run in a event T-shirt that you didn't participate in?

I woke Sunday to an absolute downpour and immediately thought of those runners braving the elements for the Great Train Race. I hope you all had a great time?

I will go now and read up on some Blogs and also wait for the Postie. I love getting parcels from eBay woohoo!

Late post: The postman/lady has arrived but there is no goodies from eBay today. Instead my race number for the Williamstown Sri Chinmoy Half Marathon has arrived. Yeehaa go white D721! Not long to wait now.

6 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

You get weeks like that Sparks....

At least you have a new toy to look forward too - you will have to make sure Oscar is nice to the mailman ;-)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, great price for that Fuel Belt. I'll have to start checking out ebay more often. I'll try not to outbid you ;-)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I have a ton of race shirts that I didn't race in...I volunteered!

I want a shirt that has on the back of it "If you can read this, I'm not last"

I had a bad week last week too...think of it was well needed rest for the legs!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Jaykay said...

Hey Sparky, I'll see you at Williamstown - also doing the 1/2 marathon :o)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's better etiquette not to get flattend by cars or Mack trucks ;)

I have the 4-bottle belt. Only problem, some chafing on 35k+ runs (fixed by putting tape on the seams).

8:58 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Don't tell me you're hooked on ebay. That can be very dangerous...don't tell the wife.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home