Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lakes Entrance

For the Easter break and the following week, my family, family friends and I camped in a caravan park in sunny Lakes Entrance Victoria.

Our home for a week.

I was very keen to explore the area on foot and was up before dawn on most days for a run.

Looking over the South Arm of the Lakes a new day is starting.

It was very exhilarating to greet the dawn out running and I took numerous sunrise pics.


I had been eying off a killer looking hill that was located at the end of one of the shopping strips and on the forth day of our stay I set out to conquer it.

Looking north at the Myer St hill. Elevation chart of one "Killer" hill.

View from the top.

In all I went out for five runs and covered 53 kilometres. Alot of the time I spent running was used for picture taking and sightseeing so there was no speed records or PB's set.

Great Train Race.

I received my race pack for the upcoming Great Train Race and was thrilled to find a very low race number. I know it isn't a very big field that enters this event but out of around 2,000 entrants I feel privileged to get number 11.




15 Comments:

Blogger MorseyRuns said...

I love Lakes Entrance- I went for an off road little run out along the island last time I was there. Have to be happy with a bag of flathead tails from the co-op for dinner.

9:11 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Hey if I'd known we could have cuasght up -I was in Bairnsdale :)
That hill is a MONSTER - you are a legend

1:49 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Great photos SD. I'm with Morsey I love that place too.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#11, well done!

They are beautiful pictures, brings back memories, i have not been there for ages. I also have fond memories of flat head tails, but my dad made me catch and clean the fish myself, Mmmmm, so good on the BBQ.

Glad you have a relaxing trip.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I will keep posted on your Puffing Billy Race, we always look out for it on the news, but nerve go to see it happening.
Love the pics from Easter, we camped out also.
I did an entry on Lakes Entrance a little while back. Lovely place.

http://idontdomornings.blogspot.com/2007/03/friday-history-lessonnumber-1.html

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, it's great to get up early & run while on holidays.

Looks like you'll be in good form for the train run.

3:38 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Love the look of that hill :-)

Nice work mate - sounds like a great weekend.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, great pics SD. Mornings everywhere are great if you ask me, but that looks spectacular. Just think, all those silly buggers who don't run miss such beautiful sights.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Nice number! Just casually walk onto the front line with the other elites ;)

Thanks for the photos - spectacular. Also the hill - well done on conquering it!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Great photos, sounds like a fantastic week with the family :)

11 is my favorite number, I want it! Good luck on that race!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Congrats on the low number. 11 out of 2000 is fair going!

I love Lakes Entrance - when you go back have dinner at the resort at Number 1. That place makes the best food! Great accommodation actually too.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos... love that orangey sunrise one. And hoorah for getting up that beast of a hill! :o)

Good number for the race... can't believe how quickly it's coming up.

Beakus.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spectacular photos, SD! Looks like the right place to spend an Easter holiday. Run well at Puffing Billy!

5:42 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Best of luck in Puffing Billy
Damian!

9:26 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Are you ever posting again? Anyway, good luck for Sunday and have a fun day :)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home